Oh boy. I was told to check out one of the mods of shitrichcollegekids say (specifically, queercomrade) and oh boy.
I’m going to do my best here.
1. “Not a choice” is an appeal to…. the cisheteropatriarchy? I’m sorry, but what? Let us forge ahead.
2. Ah. See, it’s a way of explaining that we exist and that we didn’t choose to be gay, we didn’t choose to be trans, it’s just something we’re inborn with, like brown eyes or blue. This statement is as inherently nonsensical as saying “saying you were born colorblind implies that being colorblind is a lesser way of existence”. It’s a neutral statement of fact, not a judgement. Hello my name is Sausage I was born gay and just a touch under five pounds. You’re going to need to explain why someone saying they were born this way is an apology.
3. Again with the people using liberal as a pejorative. My gosh. No one is able to explain why it is, since “liberal” is a massive political umbrella under which a lot of mindsets fall, some more or less radical than others.
4. Saying you were born this way only encourages… assimilation? I- what? How? If you’re going to make that claim, back it up. Also, back up why someone assimilating is a bad thing. (Not being forced to, mind, someone like me who chooses to just be quiet and maybe marry and not be Queer and Here but just kind of live a boring life.)
5. We agree it’s not a lesser way of living.
6. Oh. Oh nonconformance. Oh. So they think that being trans or queer is about being a ~nonconformist~. So, once again, we’re in the trap of LGBT=emos, Cishets=preps.
So all in all they seem to truly believe being LGBT is a choice, and a radical nonconformist one at that, instead of a neutral inborn trait. Beyond that, they have no evidence nor logic to back up their claims.
Seriously, explain things, don’t expect people to simply parrot something you said to them.
"It’s a choice to be LGBT, why can’t you just be normal?" Claiming that it is a choice and that it is nonconformist/radical is essentially giving credit to that statement and validating it as a True Thing to say, as opposed to nonsensical b.s. spouted at me.
So, to the person who asked me to check them out: there you go, there’s a few thoughts. I’m not really going to engage them in any sort of discussion because based on previous experiences with this sort of radical queer theorist, it never goes well and I need to just break out the SRAs.
Tagging and bracing for impact. I’ve already said the URL in the post so it’s already in the tag so may as well archive this.
*casually pisses on expensive prints*
IT’S FOR ARRRT
Jeralean Talley is 115 years old
the oldest living American
These are her hands when she was 113
I hope her kids, grandkids, great grandkids, whoever her family is, is taking advantage of being in the presence of living history…
Another one of those shots I went back and re-edited with lightroom, I think it came out a lot nicer this time.
Photo by Iain A
This is very painterly. Normally this sort of photography is dull at best but the bokeh actually works really well and THE COLOURS
print this big and frame it. I think it’d work.
Q:Bismuth rules! got that split LP with Undersmile and damn thats one of the heaviest tracks i ever heard.
will laren’s work makes me really really uncomfortable ngl
can someone bring capes back into fashion
when the fuck did they even go out of fashion
Why the fuck did they even go out of fashion
The first time the Incredibles took over a post and I am so happy about it
reminder that stratogale was in high school when she got sucked into the airplane propeller and died
do you ever just think edna sat in the back of the funeral in the little hometown church
the sound of sniffling and crying surrounding her
wearing a floor-length black dress and a black veil to hide her puffy eyes as she takes out her sketchbook and starts ripping all her design ideas for costumes out
whispering “no capes. no capes. no capes.” over and over, knowing that it was her fault a high school student died a horrific, painful death to the point where they can’t have a body to bury
WHY WOULD YOU
WHY WOULD YOU
the Black “Dogs” ~ U＾ェ＾U
I’m trying to make keychains with these, it’s my first time so it’s being messy for now, but I’m sure I’ll manage to properly do it sometime. I’ll tell when it work !!
That man you see there, he is a 92 year old veteran from Norway, who was tortured by the nazis during world war II.
The upper picture is the picture of the “BOY London” logo, that’s so popular now days.
Then, on the picture under, is a known symbol that were used under by the nazis in World War II.
Now you can all think of what you’re really wearing.
finally someone made a post about it, everyone’s running around with the Third Reich Eagle on their chests
think about it
SOMEONE FINALLY DID IT
MAKE THIS TOUCH EVERY CORNER OF THE INTERNET